Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Griffin releases TuneFlex for iPod

I use a Griffin RoadTrip as an iPod charger/FM transmitter in my car. It works wonderfully, but there is one thing I don't like about it. While it allows me to swivel the iPod up and down, I can't move it left to right. The power outlet in my car is situated so that the iPod is essentially facing the passenger's seat, making it very difficult for me to read its screen. This is aggravating and dangerous at 65 m.p.h. The TuneFlex looks like it addresses this issue.

It's a charger that mounts your iPod on a fully flexible arm that includes a line out port (if you have one of those cassette adapters) as well as room enough to attach an iTrip. Sure, you've got to buy two products to get auto charging and FM transmission, but that's much more desirable that hitting a telephone pole.

The TuneFlex ships with a wired cassette adapter and a trial version of iFill. Check it out for $49.99US.

No comments: